
Wat Chaiyaprukmala





Bangkok attractions
Attractions in Thailand
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Wat Chaiyaprukmala Taling Chan, Taling Chan, Bangkok. Places to visit in Bangkok It is a royal monastery of the second class, "Ratchaworawihan" type, located along the Bangkok Noi Canal. Pak Khlong Mahasawat, No. 2, Village No. 4, Chaiyaphruek Road, Taling Chan Subdistrict, Taling Chan District, Bangkok 10170
It originally belonged to Maha Sawat Subdistrict, Bang Kruai District, Nonthaburi Province. Currently depends on the Taling Chan district. Bangkok Temple territory North, bordering Mahasawat Canal, width 8 lines, 17 wa. South along Chaiyaphruek Road. East borders Bangkok Noi Canal, width 2 lines, 11 wa. West borders Khlong Khut, width 2 lines, 18 wa.
The total area of the temple, approximately 53 rai 78 square wa, is the ecclesiastical area and the beneficial area of the temple, approximately 20 rai, is the area of Wat Chai Phrueksamala School. which is a school under Bangkok, has 20 classroom buildings, 14 rai, temple area 12 rai 1 ngan 97.8 square wah.
Wat Chai Phrueksamala is an ancient temple that has existed since the Ayutthaya period as the capital. It was originally called "Wat Chaiyapruek" is an abandoned temple before the Rattanakosin period was built.
When Bangkok was built in 1783, a wall was hastily built to protect it. By Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Prince Krom Luang Issara Sunthon (King Rama II) While he was the gatekeeper for the wall of the city on one side, he asked for royal permission to remove bricks from the abandoned Wat Chaiyaphruek to build the wall of the city.
In the year 1785, when the construction of the city walls and the Rajamonthien was completed. His Majesty King Buddha Yodfa Chulalok Therefore, His Majesty graciously Give to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Prince Krom Luang Issara Sunthon Restoring and re-establishing the temple in its original location. The melody is a traditional practice and for good fortune. When His Majesty received the royal command
Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn He donated his personal wealth in the form of wood, bricks, and cement to those in the department to build the temple. Inside there is a large Buddha image as a gift. with two statues of the apostles and another temple Inside there are 4 Buddha statues.
In addition, build buildings that are necessary components for the temple. There is a sermon pavilion and a bell tower, each with a hutti for monks staying for the Buddhist Lent, sufficient for the number of monks staying there in the first period, only a few. But the construction at that time was not yet completely completed. Because the country's conditions are still not normal. There has always been a war.
However, Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Prince Krom Luang Issara Sunthon He considered that this monastery was still under his patronage. When the Kathin season came, His Majesty went to offer some Kathin robes. His Majesty gave the royal robes to his sons and daughters to present instead. It is like this every year without fail.
When His Majesty King Buddha Lertlapalai, King Rama II, ascended to the throne in 1809, His Majesty graciously ordered Let Wat Chaiyaphruek be included in the list of royal monasteries. and gave it as the business of His Royal Highness Prince Mongkut to light candles for Buddhist Lent and offer the Kathin robe every year from 1809 until the end of his reign.
When His Majesty King Rama III ascended to the throne in 1824, he ordered Wat Chaiyaphruek to be removed from the list of royal monasteries. He considered that Wat Chaiyaphruek was on the list of temples that His Royal Highness Prince Mongkut had sponsored in accordance with the royal command of His Majesty the King.
Wat Chaiyaphruek was not officially restored throughout the reign of King Rama III, with the supervision of Her Royal Highness Princess Sri Suriyentharamat, the mother of Her Royal Highness Princess Chao Fa Mongkut, who at that time was ordained. He continued to provide maintenance according to his ability until the end of King Rama III.
When His Majesty King Mongkut His Majesty Theling Thawan's accession to the throne in 1851 also commemorates Wat Chaiyaphruek and Wat Khema that he had promised to Her Royal Highness Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn. Therefore, he donated hundreds of pounds of royal wealth to renovate both temples at the same time by bestowing additional names on both temples as "Wat Chai Phrueksamala" and "Wat Khema Phirataram" and appointed the Chief Rector of those temples. It's a place. "Phrakhru Chaiyaprueksathika Mahamuni"
Only Wat Chai Phrueksamala Therefore, His Majesty graciously ordered Let His Royal Highness Krommuen Mahesuan Siwavilas be the head of the restoration department. However, because the original area of Wat Chai Phrueksamala is quite narrow. Therefore, he was granted wealth to purchase additional land in the garden next to the temple. Then dig a ditch around the temple. Build a temple and the original temple still remains unfinished.
since the reign of King Rama II and at that time it was almost completely destroyed. After that, His Majesty graciously ordered To build a monastery, prayer hall, bell tower, ghat bridge, pavilion, and bridge over the canal in front of the temple until it was completed in 1855.
His Majesty King Mongkut His Majesty came to present the monks' quarters. and built a pagoda behind the temple and temple to mark the auspicious time On Thursday, the 10th day of the waxing moon of the 9th lunar month, Year of the Rabbit, which falls on 21 August 1855.
The restoration of Wat Chaiyaprueksamala will take another 3 years for various constructions within the temple to be completed. But he still hadn't painted the picture and gilded the shutters. which is the final decoration work
Painting on the gilded shutters of such doors How long will it take? No evidence appears But it is assumed that it should have been completed before the royal ceremony to celebrate this temple in 1863, which took approximately 4 years to write.
In 1863, various monasteries were built. and restoration since the previous reign, King Mongkut graciously By strengthening and restoring it since the first period when His Majesty ascended the throne and completed in the same period, including 4 temples:
1. Wat Chai Phrueksamala It is a monastery where His Majesty King Buddha Lertla Napalai. His Majesty the King re-established He continued to build and strengthen
2. Khemaphirataram Temple It is a monastery built by His Majesty King Sri Suriyentharamat. Her Majesty the Queen Mother completed the renovations not long ago.
3. Ratchadathithan Temple It is a monastery owned by Krom Somdej Phra Amarindramat. His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej He had established it before.
4. Wat Ratchasittharam It is a monastery built by King Nang Klao. His Majesty the King He built a stupa and chedi in front of the temple. And he himself created another group.
His Majesty King Mongkut Therefore, His Majesty had the intention to organize a celebration festival all at once. The said event was held at Sanam Luang. From Tuesday of the 3rd month, the 2nd day of the waxing moon, onwards, and on Monday of the 3rd month, the 8th day of the waxing moon, His Majesty proceeded to give Thai Dhamma to the monks in those 4 monasteries.
In addition, His Majesty King Mongkut His Majesty has continued to perform royal merit-making at Wat Chai Phrueksamala without fail. and also appointed today to send Phra Dhammakatuk to preach the Dhamma Every Buddhist holy day every month
However, evidence appears in the book. "Various places which King Mongkut built" said the construction of Wat Chai Phrueksamala of His Royal Highness Prince Krommuen Mahesuan Siwawilas According to that royal command It just came to full fruition in the reign of King Rama V.







Comment
Keyword (Advance) |
Facebook Fanpage