






Chachoengsao attractions
Attractions in Thailand
Operating day: Daily
Operating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Wat Sai Chon Na Rangsi Ban Mai, Muang Chachoengsao, Chachoengsao. Originally named “Wat Laem Bon”, it was built during the reign of King Nangklao. It was influenced by the architectural style of Wat Phra Sri Rattana Satsadaram. The gable of the ordination hall is a sculpture of Narayana riding a garuda, carved from teak wood. The gable and raka leaves are made of teak wood, lacquered, and tiled.
Inside the ordination hall, there are murals depicting the life of the Buddha, as well as beautiful wooden buildings, including Wat Sai Chon Na Rangsi School (Chaloem Ariyarat), built of wood in 1938. It was the first school established by the government, named Ban Mai 2 Primary School (Wat Laem Bon).
This school building was built of wood, with the upper floor first, while the lower floor was built on a foundation, due to limited budget. Later, in 1951, a budget was received to extend the lower floor until it was completed.
Another building with an architectural style that is worth preserving is the Old Buddhist Studies School, which is a completely teak wood building in a colonial architectural style. It is a two-story building with an eaves decorated with intricately carved wood patterns.



Comment
Keyword (Advance) |
Region
|